Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Research Process for SOWK 3043
- Try a "one search" of NUMA Search to get books, journal articles, and other materials on a topic. If you choose, use the LIMIT feature in NUMA Search to restrict your search specifically to articles, to books, or to other types of materials.
- Use Proquest Central and Proquest E-books to find more sources from books and journals.
- Search individual databases recommended in the Articles tab. SocINDEX, CINAHL, PsycINFO, and JSTOR are some important databases for this course. Get tips on using keywords and effective search techniques from the "Research Tips" box on this page. The TUTORIALS tab provides search help for individual databases.
- If you need to find laws and policy, search Nexis Uni. Links to these are in the Articles tab.
- Search World Cat to find more books on your topic. Use Interlibrary Loan requests to borrow books and get copies of articles.
- Use Google Scholar to identify more sources.
- Explore Web Resources for useful web sites.
- Find statistics from links listed in the "Statistics " tab.
- Cite sources using examples and guides listed in the tab for "Writing & Citing".
- Ask a Librarian for help at any stage of the Research Process.