Welcome to the sociology research guide! The databases and books in this guide will help you find sources for your research.
Credo Reference is a great starting point for getting background information on your topic. It offers basic introductions to various topics, which can help you brainstorm keywords and related concepts that will help in your literature review.
It's wise to start your research with a search strategy in mind. Try these steps:
1) Choose keywords that describe your topic
2) Decide what kinds of information you need -- background information, articles, books, statistics? Different types of information will help you with different assignments.
3) Start your research! Find databases especially relevant to sociology here. Search the library catalog to find books.
4) Be sure to keep track of information about your sources for your bibliography.
5) Once you've finished with your research, use our citation guide or Zotero to build your bibliography.
We're open till 10pm most weekdays. See our full hours on our homepage.
You can book a study room for your group online.
Ask a librarian for more help with your research -- we're here to help you!