Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Research Process for Child Welfare Services (SOWK 3843)
- Try a "one search" of NUMA Search to get books, journal articles, and other materials on a topic. If you choose, use the LIMIT feature in NUMA Search to restrict your search specifically to articles, to books, or to other types of materials.
- Use Proquest Central and Proquest E-books to find more sources from books and journals.
- Search individual databases recommended in the Articles tab. SocINDEX, CINAHL, PsycINFO, and JSTOR are some important databases for this course. Get tips on using keywords and effective search techniques from the "Research Tips" box on this page. The TUTORIALS tab provides search help for individual databases.
- If you need to find laws and policy, search Nexis Uni. Links to these are in the Articles tab.
- Search World Cat to find more books on your topic. Use Interlibrary Loan requests to borrow books and get copies of articles.
- Explore the "Web Resources" tab.
- Use Google Scholar to lidentify other sources.
- Find statistics from links listed in the "Statistics and Data Sets" tab.
- Cite sources using examples and guides listed in the tab for "Writing & Citing".
- Ask a Librarian for help at any stage of the Research Process.
Off Campus Access
If you connect to library resources from off campus, you may need to log in using your student ID number beginning with the @ sign.