About the Foundation Center
The Foundation Center is a nonprofit service organization established by foundations in 1956. The Center's mission is to strengthen the nonprofit sector in advancing knowledge about U.S. philanthropy. The Foundation Center's work is carried out through a network of state and regional libraries.
Who Can Use the Foundation Center Collection?
The Boreham Library is an active member of the Foundation Center's Funding Information Network (FIN) of libraries. Any individual or group seeking funds or grants is welcome. The Collection is self-service and is available at all hours that the library is open. Materials in the collection do not circulate from the Boreham Library. A photocopier is available adjacent to the collection.
The Collection is located on the first floor of the Boreham Library. We provide reference assistance for general questions about the collection. In-depth research must be done by individuals seeking the information.
Foundation Center Resources
- Foundation Center Web Site. Excellent tutorials are available from the Foundation Center's website. Click on "Get Started" for access to online tutorials as well as links to other sources of information on how foundations operate, how to search for grants for individuals as well as nonprofit organizations, or how to write a proposal.
- Foundation Directory Online (restricted to in-library use) is a primary resource for locating information on foundations and grants.
- Foundation Grants to Individuals Online (restricted to in-library use) provides hard-to-locate information on foundations that give grants to individuals.
- FC Guide to Proposal Writing (audio book)
- Foundation Maps (restricted to in-library use) is an interactive mapping tool designed for grantmakers, policymakers, researchers, academics -- virtually anyone interested in the impact of philanthropy around the world today.
- Download the FDO Mobile App for mobile access while on the campus wireless network.
Foundation Center Core Collection of Print Titles (Grants Collection)
|001.44 An78||Annual Register of Grants Support|
|338 C28||Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance|
|061 D628ne||Directory of New and Emerging Foundations|
|061 F825||Foundation Directory|
|001.44 F825||Foundation Grants Index|
|001.44 F825i||Foundation Grants to Individuals|
|361.7632 F825fo||Foundation 1000|
|378.3 G767r||Grants Register|
|361.76 C881||Guide to Arkansas Funding Sources|
|060 G941||Guide to U.S. Foundations|
For further assistance in the use of the Foundation Center Collection, please contact Carolyn Filippelli.