In all instances, currently enrolled students of UAFS credit classes have priority use of all library materials and resources. Members of the general public are welcome to use the library and its resources inside the library.
- All students currently enrolled in credit classes at UAFS
- Current UAFS faculty and staff
- All holders of valid Fort Smith Public Library or Scott-Sebastian County Library cards
There is a maximum of 10 items of any type that may be checked out per person at a time. Other limits apply to certain materials.
Books circulate for three weeks (21 days). There is a limit of five items in a particular Dewey class number that may be checked out by one individual. An exception to this rule is Juvenile Literature - the limit is 10 items.
Audiovisual materials circulate for seven days. There is a limit of three audiovisual items within the maximum limit that may be checked out by one individual.
Interlibrary Loan circulation periods are determined by the library that loans us the item and, therefore, will vary.
Items may be renewed once. Overdue items may not be renewed. Ways to renew items:
- Come by the Circulation Desk on the first floor of the Boreham Library.
- Call the library at (479) 788-7200 to have items renewed.
- Renew items online by clicking on My Library Record in the catalog. Provide student ID# and submit to view items. Consult Help with Renewals for assistance.
- E-mail the library at Library@UAFS.edu to see if items may be renewed.
- The Interlibrary Loan department will submit renewal requests automatically on your behalf. Please check your email to see if your item has been renewed and for how long.
You may put a hold on checked out items via the online catalog (use the Request button). Library staff will also be glad to put a hold on checked out items for you. Once the item is returned, you will be notified via email and the item will remain on the hold shelf for five days. Reserve and Reference items cannot be put on the hold shelf.
Fines and Overdues
1. Fines for overdue items are as follows:
- $0.10 per day for books
- $0.25 per day for audiovisual materials and reserve items
- $1.00 per day for interlibrary loan materials
2. A fine on a single item should not exceed the total price of that item.
3. If an item is lost, the patron will be responsible for the cost of that item in addition to a non-refundable processing fee.
4. Patrons with overdue books or library fines from the Boreham Library are not allowed library borrowing privileges, the right to obtain transcripts, or registration clearance for UAFS credit classes until all library obligations have been met.